GenDx may change this Policy occasionally by updating this document. You should check this document from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This Policy is effective from 18 May 2018.
What personal data is processed
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information, such as name, email address, phone number and postal address;
- Communication preferences and information about your interests;
- Search queries;
- Demographic information, such as education and nationality;
- Correspondence and other information that you send to us;
- Additional information as otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent; and
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers, including preferences and interests
Why personal data is processed
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- For product updates and potential product recall;
- For providing most optimal technical support;
- Internal record keeping;
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided;
- Respond to correspondence that we receive from you;
- Information obtained via different means may be combined to, for example, provide you with a username and password to access a GenDx website, forum, or training section;
- Maintain or administer the services and perform operational analyses;
- Or for other internal purposes to improve the quality of our operations and services;
- Provide you with, or notify you of, online services or services associated with GenDx courses, training and conferences or convention (“GenDx Events”);
- Offer (or report resolution of) contests, sweepstakes, programs, registrations and promotions;
- Enabling you to participate in tweets, blogs, LinkedIn posts, and or similar services;
- Customize and personalize your use of the services
GenDx stores the collected information as long as you are subscribed to receive our services. GenDx ensures you the right to object processing of your personal data at any time by sending an unsubscribing request.
How we use payment Information collected by consent
There are website features that require you to provide (voluntary and at your option) certain personal information before you use the services (e.g. subscribe to obtain products updates & info, educational events and general newsletters). Therefore, when you make a purchase or sign up for a paid service, we will collect your payment information as additional personal information. We will use your payment information only to complete the transaction you have requested.
When we share information
As part of our Policy to maintain your trust we would like you to understand when and with whom we may share the information we collect:
- Service providers and vendors: We may share your information with service providers that perform certain functions or services on our behalf (such as to host the services, fulfill requests, provide services, manage databases, perform analyses, provide customer service, or send communications for us).
- Aggregate information: We may share aggregate information, such as demographic and usage statistics, with advertisers, sponsors or other organizations.
- Third-parties to place and read cookies or use similar technologies to collect and store information through their services that helps us with traffic measurement, research, and analytics.
- GenDx does not assign, share, sell, license, or transfer otherwise your information with other organizations, third-parties, vendors or other stakeholders.
- The online GenDx forum is publicly accessible and other users may view the information you post.
Consent to Transfer
How we secure your information
We are committed to ensure that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
How long we save your data
Children’s online privacy protection
We do not solicit or knowingly collect information from minors under the age of 16, in compliance with the Article 8 of the general data protection regulation.
Right of access
You have the right to obtain a copy of your personal data as well as other supplementary information. We will act upon your request without undue delay. If you need assistance or have questions about accessing your personal data, you can contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Right to rectification
You have the right to correct or change the provided information in our records, such as your address and contact information. Generally, you may change this information at any time and as often as necessary. If you need assistance or have questions about correcting information, you can contact us via email at email@example.com.
Right to erasure
If you have provided us with your contact information, and you wish that we no longer keep your information in our customer relationship system because it is no longer relevant, you can contact us at any time to have your data deleted from our system. We will act upon your request without undue delay.
If you have provided us with your email address or mobile phone number to subscribe to a service or services, or to receive notifications or updates about one of our offerings, and you wish to change your address or no longer wish to receive these communications, simply follow the unsubscribe instructions that appear either on our sites or in the email or text message communications.
If you need assistance or have questions about erasing your information, you can contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Social Networking Services
We may work with certain third-party social media providers to offer social networking services through their services. For example, you can use third-party social networking services, including but not limited to LinkedIn, Twitter and others to share information about your experience on our services with your friends and followers on those social networking services. These social networking services may be able to collect information about you, including your activity on our services. These third-party social networking services also may notify your friends, both on our services and on the social networking services themselves, that you are a user of our services or about your use of our services, in accordance with applicable law and their own privacy policies. If you choose to access or make use of third-party social networking services, we may receive information about you that you have made available to those social networking services, including information about your contacts on those social networking services.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.