We offer a challenging position for a knowledgeable and service-oriented System Administrator, who assures a proper performance and operation of IT systems, infrastructure and networks.
As System Administrator at GenDx, you will provide IT support across all aspects of business. You have a strong background in common infrastructure and information security management frameworks, together with experience of implementing, migrating, managing, and operating systems/applications. You are knowledgeable, have the ability to think creatively, and you communicate accurately. Of course, you have a security-first mentality and a strong sense of personal responsibility.
This opportunity will give you great exposure to a broad range of projects and activities, and take the organization to a higher IT level, so that GenDx can focus on its passion: the life sciences.
You will be part of the IT support team, located in Utrecht. This Utrecht team will also work with the Paris-based IT team.
▪ Supporting, maintaining and updating IT systems, infrastructure and networks
▪ Creating, supporting, and maintaining (cloud) environments
▪ Reducing and mitigating IT infrastructure security risks through a variety of activities
▪ Creating and maintaining our company-wide VPN and security policies
▪ Sharing best practices and keeping abreast of new technologies
▪ Supporting a variety of IT network projects
▪ Troubleshooting and resolving both end-user and operational issues
▪ Ensuring documentation, processes, and continuous improvement
▪ Providing support on incidents and problems
▪ Working according to ISO 13485 standards
▪ Staying up to date with practical knowledge and experience of applications and services that utilize standard protocols
▪ A completed degree at HBO/B.ASc level in IT or related topic
▪ 5-7 years of experience in IT
▪ A strong understanding of overall System/Network security and best practices
▪ Experience or knowledge supporting Windows Servers and infrastructure
▪ Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
▪ Make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
▪ Good communication skills, knowledge sharing, and collaboration
▪ Fluent English speaker (written and spoken); other European languages would be advantageous
▪ Work permit to work in the Netherlands
▪ You live in the Utrecht area, or are willing to relocate
What’s on offer
▪ Becoming part of a driven, ambitious team, within an international working environment
▪ Competitive salary and a pension scheme
▪ Compensation for commuter traffic and working from home
▪ Employment based on a 40 hour work week
▪ Working from home one day per work week
▪ 31 holidays, including 6 collective leave days
▪ Sport pass for Sports Center Olympos
▪ Option to work part-time, up to 80%
For more information, you can contact Wietse Mulder PhD, CEO +31 (0)30 252 37 99.
Do we match?
Send your CV and motivation to Roelien Brommersma MSc, CHRO, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention ‘2023_15’ and your name in the e-mail subject line.
Unsolicited third party/agency profiles and resumes will not be considered.